Kids Workshop Leaders
- Evening and/or Saturday work
- Leaders wanted in Kildare/Dublin West and Wicklow/Dublin South
Are you passionate about education and do you love science, design and technology?
This is an exciting opportunity for upbeat and enthusiastic individuals to join our growing team of instructors.
As a leader at Designer Minds you will guide children through a range of fun activities from STEAM:
Science, Technology, Engineering, Art & Maths.
You will be provided with the lesson plans, training and equipment. Your role will involve travelling to a different location each evening/Saturdays (during the school term) or a different location each week (summer camps), bringing the equipment, teaching the topics to primary aged children and guiding them through the activities. It is essential to have your own car.
The activities are varied, interesting and engaging. For example, you will show children how to grow bacteria, carry out simple chemical reactions, build robots using LEGO and program them, design cities and learn about architecture, make stop motion movies using clay or use Minecraft to solve Maths problems. Designer Minds teachers work in groups of 2-3.
This is a fantastic experience for anyone who has a curious mind and is passionate about education! Full training provided.
This position will involve approximately 10-25 hours per week, depending on your location, time of year and how much work you are looking for.
Check out the pictures and videos on our Facebook page for examples of what Designer Minds kids get up to!
• Applicants must have experience working with school aged children.
• Instructors need to have their own car and be willing to travel to various locations.
• It is essential to be an excellent timekeeper and reliable.
• Applicants should have a qualification in education or in a STEAM related field (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art or Maths).
• Excellent communication skills. Being capable of maintaining excellent relationships with children and parents with a friendly and sociable attitude. Being capable of communicating with head office in an efficient and professional manner.
• The ability to maintain discipline in a classroom setting and ensure the safety of all children.
• Having a car is essential in order to transport many boxes of Designer Minds kit each week and be responsible for storing, maintaining/charging supplies when needed.
• First aid training and manual handling certificate an advantage.
• Must be willing to be Garda vetted.
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements should apply by filling out our application form.